People of all ages are involved in service and relief projects, giving time and money to specific ministries. The congregation regularly collects food, provides blankets, and assembles school and heath kits in response to local and international needs.
Food For Manna on Main Street
During August we are collecting cans of meat for Manna on Main Street. Please drop items off at Plains Mennonite Church.
School Kits for Mennonite Central Committee – July & August 2019
Notebooks and pencils are treasures for families who struggle to afford basic school supplies. School kits often are requested after disasters and help bring normalcy to children whose families have been forced to flee their homes Last year, 78,035 school kits were shipped to Jordan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iraq, Zambia, Ukraine, Somalia, Burkina Faso, Canada, and the U.S.
Contents: (NEW items only)
- 4 spiral or perforated notebooks (8 1⁄2 x 10 1⁄2 in and 70 sheets)
- 8 unsharpened pencils
- 1 ruler (flat, good quality; must indicate 30 cm; inch markings optional)
- 12 colored pencils (in packaging)
- 1 large eraser
- 2 new black or blue ballpoint pens
- 1 small all metal pencil sharpener, one or two holes. All metal sharpeners can be found online at Amazon.com or Bazic.com.or in the art supply section of retail stores like Staples. Plastic case pencil sharpeners are not accepted because these are poor quality and do not last as long. If you cannot find all metal sharpeners please pack the kits without them and we will add the sharpeners
Please drop off kit items by August 31 at Plains Church, and limit your generosity to the items listed above.