People of all ages are involved in service and relief projects, giving time and money to specific ministries. The congregation regularly collects food, provides blankets, and assembles school and heath kits in response to local and international needs.
Food For Manna on Main Street
During May, you are invited to donate cans of meat for Manna on Main Street. Drop items off at Plains Mennonite Church.
Relief Kits for Mennonite Central Committee – April & May 2017
Relief kits provide valuable supplies to families whose lives have been disrupted by war or disaster. Last year, 14,507 relief kits were shipped to Jordan, Syria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Haiti, Honduras, Iraq, Lebanon, Ukraine and Serbia.
Contents: (NEW items only, in original packaging)
- 4 large bars bath soap
- 1 plastic bottle shampoo (13–24 oz; place in resealable plastic bag)
- 4 large bars laundry soap (Some stores carry Fels Naptha®, Sunlight® or Zote® brands)
- 4 adult-size toothbrushes
- 4 new bath towels (medium weight, dark or bright colors)
- 2 wide-tooth combs (6–8 in)
- 1 fingernail clipper(good quality)
- 1 box adhesive bandages(minimum 40 count, assorted)
- 1 package sanitary pads (18–24 count thin maxi)
Please drop off kit items by May 31 at Plains Church, and limit your generosity to the items listed above.